Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Gypsy life


Holy travels.  26 hours didn’t seem that bad on paper.  But I would not elect to do that again.  Although I did have a full row of seats on my flight from LA to Fiji, so I ended up passing out for 8 hours. 

I am working for a Trust that works as a support system for families and children.  (With a special focus on lower income, and teen parents)
Just sitting at the office right now, people are currently working on a campaign called “Breast is best.” Exciting. I know.  
 i just finished meeting everyone and getting acclimated. The offices are right across the street from the mall, which is going to be trouble. 

Im currently trying to get on the phone with PNC since those idiots turned off my credit card, even though I specifically called to tell them I would be traveling. 

I am staying at my bosses house this weekend, and Monday I will move in with a family for my homestay for the next couple of weeks.  Last night her son ran into the living room and said, “Mum and Daddy were saying they were worried you might be a Gypsy? Are you a crazy Gypsy, ???” seems as though they stumbled across my blog, maybe I should change the title?

Feeling a bit overwhelmed, tired, jetlagged, not going to lie, but so far loving it, and it is so gorgeous.  The weather is around 50 degrees which is so nice! Feeling like crisp fall weather, so happy to pull out my oversized sweaters and boots.

Plan to explore the city this weekend with some people through the organization, that is all for know, update soon!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment